???? FIGHT UPDATE ???? Undefeated IBF World Super Middleweight Champion Caleb “Sweethands” Plant looks to defend his title against former champion Caleb “Golden” Truax in the first FOX PBC Fight Night of 2021. FIGHT NIGHT DETAILS ????: https://pbcham.ps/FightNight-013021 —- IBF World Super Middleweight Champion Caleb Plant hopes former champion Caleb Traux brings the same energy
BOXING CONNECT
Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are close to agreeing terms on a two-fight deal in 2021, according to Frank Warren. He said that the negotiations are looking “really, really good” and is convinced the all-British heavyweight bout will get made. Warren added, should a fight be finalised, that he believes Fury v Joshua would be
Welterweight prospect Conor Benn is starting to work his way up the ladder a bit, and the 24-year-old son of Nigel Benn is set to face Colombian veteran Samuel Vargas in a DAZN main event on Apr. 10 from the United Kingdom. Benn (17-0, 11 KO) is coming off of a very nice all-around performance
When Isiah Seldon makes the walk to the ring for his 19th professional boxing match against Joey Spencer this Saturday in Los Angeles, it will be his first appearance since March of last year. But don’t worry, the 32-year-old middleweight is making sure you didn’t forget him. “I posted a million clips of the last
UFC Star Dustin Poirier’s Boxing Trainer, Dyah Davis, Talks Stoppage Of Conor McGregor Posted on 01/28/2021 By: Sean Crose “Follow the game plan,” Dyah Davis says to me. The guy is right to say it. For, as the boxing coach of UFC star Dustin Poirier, Davis can savor the fact Poirier just stopped Conor McGregor,
Issue • Premium • Preview Veteran Caleb Truax challenges Caleb Plant for his old IBF title, writes Matt Bozeat POUND-FOR-POUND king Saul “Canelo” Alvarez saying he intends to unify the 168lbs division this year adds interest to Caleb Plant’s defence of his IBF belt against veteran overachiever Caleb Truax in Los Angeles on Saturday (January
Feature • Issue • Premium Michael Nunn spent 16 years in prison for his part in a $200 drug deal and now he’s trying to make the most of the time he has left, writes Chris Walker THERE is no bitterness in Michael Nunn. He’s a free man after spending 16 long years in various
Feature • Issue • Premium Frank Warren discusses his recent battle with coronavirus, the problems boxing faces as we enter 2021 and outlines exactly why we must overcome them YOU were struck down by Covid-19 recently. How are you now? I’m much better, thanks, compared to what I was. I was in hospital over the
Before Joe Smith Jr. takes on Maxim Vlasov for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title and former IBF lightweight champ Richard Commey returns to action against Jackson Marinez on February 13th, featherweights Adam Lopez and Jason Sanchez headline a fairly solid ESPN+ undercard. Lopez (14-2, 6 KO), last seen stealing the show against Luis Coria
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez is sticking with his plan for super middleweight supremacy. The next two fights are in place for pound-for-pound king and reigning WBA/WBC 168-pound titlist, who has reached terms for a three-belt unification with WBO title claimant Billy Joe Saunders. The bout is not yet signed but conditionally agreed upon, sources from both
Posted on 01/28/2021 By: Hans Themistode The moment Canelo Alvarez announced his move to the super middleweight division, he all along intended on becoming an undisputed belt holder. Now, he’ll apparently move one step closer in just a few short months. As first reported by The Athletic, both Alvarez and WBO titlist Billy Joe Saunders
7:15 PM ET Super middleweight world titleholders Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders have agreed to a title unification bout in May, sources confirmed to ESPN’s Mark Kriegel on Thursday. Alvarez already is scheduled to face Avni Yildirim on Feb. 27 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, and sources said as long as
During an interview with Ariel Helwani, YouTube boxer Jake Paul chats it up about his upcoming bout against former MMA fighter Ben Askren and why he’s not only confident that he’ll get an easy win, he doesn’t even think he’ll get hit once during the fight. Check out some excerpts on his prediction for the
Welterweight contender Conor Benn is confident that he can put veteran Samuel Vargas to sleep – even in the very first round. Their contest will headline a card scheduled to take place on April 10th, and broadcast by DAZN and Sky Sports. In his most recent fight, Benn dominated the action against former IBO champion Sebastian Formella.
Maurice Hooker vs Vergil Ortiz Jr. Officially Set To Take Place On March 20th In Dallas Texas Posted on 01/27/2021 By: Hans Themistode The Dallas Texas area will be split right down the middle come March 20th. Former 140 pound WBO belt holder Maurice Hooker and current welterweight contender Vergil Ortiz Jr., are officially set
9:51 AM ET Nick Parkinson Close •Reports on boxing for ESPN.co.uk, as well as several national newspapers•Has been reporting on British boxing for over 15 years•Appears on BoxNation’s Boxing Matters show Tyson Fury has dislodged Josh Taylor as ESPN’s British pound-for-pound king. It was a tight decision. Taylor only had 161 seconds of action in
???? FIGHT UPDATE ???? Undefeated IBF World Super Middleweight Champion Caleb “Sweethands” Plant looks to defend his title against former champion Caleb “Golden” Truax in the first FOX PBC Fight Night of 2021. FIGHT NIGHT DETAILS ????: https://pbcham.ps/FightNight-013021 —- IBF Super Middleweight World Champion Caleb “Sweethands” Plant (19-0, 11 KOs) retained his title with a
Five weeks after his loss to Canelo Alvarez, former super middleweight titlist Callum Smith has given the Mexican superstar great praise, breaking down the fight and what went wrong for him in Texas on Dec. 19. Smith (27-1, 19 KO) told Sky Sports that he knew there was a point where Canelo had taken over,