WBC World Featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr. joins The PBC Podcast this week to discuss how he and his family are dealing with tragedy, his potential ring return and who he is targeting–you don’t want to miss what Russell had to say! Plus, hosts Kenneth Bouhairie and Michael Rosenthal predict 2021’s big winners, dissect last
Joe Joyce looked to a potential bout between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. Joyce has sparred both men and believes the fight will produce fireworks, but warned Fury that he may have to change his tactics from the second Deontay Wilder fight, if he is to gain the scalp of Joshua. Subscribe to BT Sport
The always outspoken Jermell Charlo just recently took to Instagram Live to voice his opinion on a number of topics — most notably about Canelo Alvarez, Floyd Mayweather, and the IBF never sending him his world title belt. During this rant Charlo claims he’s KO both Canelo Alvarez and Floyd Mayweather (if they fought him
Youtube star Logan Paul has finally acknowledged that his exhibition match with Floyd Mayweather has been officially postponed. The pay-per-view event was scheduled for February 20th, with the location, rules and undercard never being revealed by the organizers. Paul insists the fight will still go forward at a late date. He says the decision to postpone was
Feature • Issue • Premium Lennox Lewis heard talk in 2000 that Michael Grant was boxing’s next great heavyweight. By Thomas Hauser THE mid-20th century gave birth to a new breed of athlete; men who were big, well-coordinated, and faster than men their size had been before. By the start of the new millennium, athletes
Editor’s letter • Issue • Premium Turning a blind eye is not the solution to the problems in boxing, writes Matt Christie LAST Friday, a crooked old promoter persuaded a powerful sanctioning body to hastily attach a ‘world heavyweight title’ to a bout involving two fighters contracted to him, neither of whom could be deemed
The evil empire of Frankie Carbo and Jim Norris over boxing in the 1940s and 1950s left the sport’s reputation in tatters and several top fighters in financial ruin. Eric Armit tells the full story I SUPPOSE I am not the only one of a certain age (don’t ask) who longs for “the good old
WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury agrees with Conor McGregor’s explanation for his recent defeat. Last month, in the main event of UFC 257 in Abu Dhabi, McGregor was shockingly knocked out in two rounds by Dustin Poirier in their pay-per-view rematch. McGregor, 32-years-old, was already in talks for a 2021 boxing match with eight division world champion
Posted on 02/02/2021 By: Hans Themistode Erickson Lubin has placed a lot of time between himself and the worst night of his boxing career. After winning ESPN’s prospect of the year in 2016, Lubin found himself standing across the ring from Jermell Charlo. Everything seemed perfect for the Florida native. With one more win against
5:31 PM ET Associated Press The International Boxing Hall of Fame is postponing its induction weekend for the second straight year due to the “many unknowns” of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Hall of Fame executive director Ed Brophy says next year’s ceremony is scheduled for June 12 and will be themed a Hall of Fame
Well, it seems like things are snowballing at the International Boxing Hall of Fame. After canceling the 2020 induction ceremony due to COVID, they’ve now done the same this year. The Classes of 2020, 2021, and 2022 will be inducted over the span of four days in June of 2022. The International Boxing Hall of
Former WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez (28-0, 22 KOs) is gaining motivation from the increased opinion that Miguel Berchelt will beat him on February 20, when they clash for the WBC super featherweight title at the MGM Grand’s Conference Center in Las Vegas. Valdez has even listened to the opinions of his idols, who are also siding with
Posted on 02/02/2021 By: Sean Crose “I love it,” trainer Jose Guzman says of his hectic – and so far very successful – 2021. “The busier I am the better.” Guzman has much to be pleased with at the moment. Last week, Guzman could appreciate the fact that a mixed martial artist he helped train
4:56 PM ET Eric WoodyardESPN The return of Floyd “Money” Mayweather will have to wait — for now. His much-anticipated exhibition bout originally set for Feb. 20 against YouTube personality Logan Paul has been postponed to a later date, according to Fanmio founder and CEO Solomon Engel. “After an absolutely tremendous response to the fight
Well, it looks like we might be getting the worst-case scenario. Mike Coppinger reports that Canelo Alvarez’s planned unification clash with Billy Joe Saunders, previously targeted for either May 1st or May 8th due to Cinco de Mayo landing on a Wednesday, is “slated” to land on the 8th, seemingly putting it in direct conflict
Steve Lovett and Samuel Miller faced off at The Bomb Factory in Dallas, TX on NBC, but it seemed like only one of them came prepared to fight. Lovett outboxed Miller in RD1 and when it come to RD2, Miller seemed focused on doing everything he could to get disqualified. Whether he was out-matched in
The highly anticipated welterweight showdown between rising knockout artist Vergil Ortiz Jr. (16-0, 16 KOs) and former world champion Maurice “Mighty Mo” Hooker (27-1-3, 19 KOs) will take place at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. The event, which is stacked from top to bottom with competitive undercard bouts, will take place Saturday, March 20
Posted on 01/30/2021 By: Hans Themistode Floyd Mayweather’s venture into the YouTube boxing business has come to an abrupt end. At least, for now. Over the course of several months, social media star Logan Paul attempted to lure Mayweather back into the ring one last time after officially hanging up his gloves in 2017. By