5:20 PM ET Eric WoodyardESPN Former WBC super middleweight titleholder David Benavidez says he will return to the ring on March 13 against Ronald Ellis. Although the location of the bout is still being finalized, a source told ESPN that it’ll most likely happen in Connecticut as a main event of Showtime Championship Boxing. Benavidez
History Despite being the underdog, the great Archie Moore turns on the style ARCHIE MOORE w pts 15 JOEY MAXIMJanuary 27, 1954; Orange Bowl, Miami, FLARCHIE MOORE had already retained his world light-heavyweight title against Joey Maxim, the man he took it from in 1952. Ahead of their third bout, Moore struggled to make the
A week after initial reports that top welterweight prospect Jaron “Boots” Ennis would be facing former 140-pound titleholder Sergey Lipinets, it looks like we have a set date, as Mike Coppinger reports the bout will go ahead April 10 on Showtime. At the moment, there’s nothing otherwise scheduled for U.S. TV on April 10, other
Issue • Opinion • Premium Simon Euan Smith examines the issue of whether a referee is in the best place to judge a fight IN his editorial last year, “The Bog of Eternal Stench” (BN October 22), discussing the problems in scoring bouts, Matt Christie wrote: “An eternal debate is the issue of point of
Cuban heavyweight sensation, Frank Sanchez, who has steadily been climbing up the WBO world rankings since turning professional in 2017, calls out Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk to clash this year. “Joshua and Usyk, that’s really who I want to fight.” The Cuban revealed in an exclusive interview with proboxing-fans.com. Anthony Joshua is the unified
Demetrius Andrade Gives A Hint As To Who He Wants Next: “Anybody Name That Starts With C And Ends With An O” Posted on 01/26/2021 By: Hans Themistode Demetrius Andrade usually wastes no time whenever a microphone is present. The effervescent middleweight belt holder has continually called out the best of the best in not
5:47 PM ET DEWEY COOPER STEPPED into the Bones Adams Boxing gym in Las Vegas last fall. The former pro boxer, kickboxer and longtime striking coach was there to referee a sparring session for Jake Paul, the popular YouTuber turned boxing hopeful. Cooper had seen Paul spar before and had come away fairly impressed. On
Another solid domestic UK clash will join a card chock-full of them. Matchroom announced today that unbeaten welterweights Chris Kongo and Michael McKinson will meet on the March 6th Alexander Povetkin-Dillian Whyte 2 DAZN card. Kongo (12-0, 7 KO) earned the biggest win of his career last August by knocking out Luther Clay before Povetkin’s
Super middleweight contender Alantez Fox (27-2-1, 12 KOs) scored a 10-round unanimous decision over Marcos “Madman” Hernandez (14-4-1, 3 KOs) of Fresno, California. The competitive fight ended with scores of 96-94, 97-93 and 98-92, all for Fox. #AlantezFox #MarcosHernandez #HernandezFox Visit PremierBoxingChampions.com for more info. SIGN UP FOR FIGHT ALERTS: https://pbcham.ps/FightAlerts FOLLOW US: Tweets by
If the speed and power of David Haye met the footwork and timing of Oleksandr Usyk, in their prime, who would you back? We put that exact dilemma to our panel of pundits, as they assessed a fantasy match-up with two of the best-ever cruiserweight boxers. Subscribe to BT Sport Boxing on YouTube ➡️ http://www.youtube.com/c/btsportboxing
Opinion Ed Mulholland/Matchroom A panel of previous opponents and boxing experts consider Canelo Alvarez’s next fight Matthew HattonEuropean championAlvarez has been fighting top opposition for a long time now. He’s at the top level of the sport now. Everybody is due an easier fight shall we say but I’m not so sure that’s the case
Kid Galahad has moved from one title fight rematch to another. That’s if James ‘Jazza’ Dickens decides to accept the fight or move in another direction. A vacant title fight has been ordered by the International Boxing Federation (IBF) between Galahad and Dickens, its top two contenders in the wake of Josh Warrington abandoning the
Jake Pauls Takes His $50 Million Dollar Offer Off The Table In Possible Conor McGregor Showdown: “Conor, I Got $10,000 For You” Posted on 01/25/2021 By: Hans Themistode According to YouTuber turned boxer Jake Paul, Conor McGregor has dropped the ball big time. For numerous months, the social media star has attempted to lure McGregor
10:02 AM ET Jake Paul, the Internet personality turned pro boxer, has his next fight set, and this time he’ll be competing against an actual professional fighter. Paul will face former UFC fighter Ben Askren in an eight-round pro boxing match on April 17, Triller co-founder Ryan Kavanaugh told ESPN. The fight will take place
Bunce Diaries • Issue • Premium When looking back on British heavyweights of the 80s it’s difficult to find a happy ending, writes Steve Bunce TREVOR HUGHROY CURRIE was part of Britain’s very own generation of lost heavyweight champions from the Eighties. There was the original fabled gang of fighting brothers, dubbed the Lost Generation
Signs continue to point towards an undisputed heavyweight title fight on the horizon as ESPN reports that perhaps the biggest obstacle — Oleksandr Usyk being Anthony Joshua’s mandatory challenger — won’t be a problem as Usyk has gone forward with entertaining negotiations to face Joe Joyce for the WBO’s interim title. Adam Morallee, who’s part
Darren Tetley will take on Samuel Antwi in a battle for the vacant English welterweight title on next month’s action-packed #MTKFightNight. The event takes place on Friday 19 February at the University of Bolton Stadium, and will be broadcast live in the US on ESPN+ in association with Top Rank, and worldwide on IFL TV.
Andre Ward Has No Issue With Canelo Alvarez Facing Avni Yildirim: “It’s Not Healthy To Face A Top Guy Fight In And Fight Out” Posted on 01/25/2021 By: Hans Themistode Despite facing countless former or current world champions, Canelo Alvarez heard the complaints of his boxing fans the moment he announced he would be taking